SOFAS AND CHAIRS
The Lounge Co. furniture is designed and manufactured to exceptionally high standards using superior quality materials. By taking a few simple steps to care for your purchase you can look forward to many years of comfort and satisfaction.
The Lounge Co. furniture features premium quality seat interiors for lasting comfort. When your new sofa is delivered, you may find the seat and back cushions look and feel firmer that you expected. This is normal and they will soften over time. Reversible cushions should be turned weekly and their positions swapped around. This will enhance the appearance of your furniture and avoid localised wear and tear.
Fibre Seat Cushions
These sumptuous cushions are made up of QUALLOFIL® FUSION fibre, where the fibres are shaped to prevent them binding together. They have a soft and inviting appearance and should be plumped regularly throughout the week to prevent flattening.
Fibre Wrapped Foam Cushions
These cushions are made up of a premium foam core with a fibre wrap. They offer the same softness as a fibre cushion but with a slightly firmer sit and the ability to retain plumpness over time, as the foam has excellent recovery characteristics.
Feather Wrapped Foam Cushions
These cushions are high-density foam wrapped with a sumptuous duck feather jacket. A medium firmness, they offer the support and resilience of foam but feel like a feather cushion. They require regular plumping to keep them in shape.
All feather-filled scatter cushions should be plumped up on a daily basis. This will not only enhance the look of your cushions but will help prolong their life. We recommend that feather cushions are not vacuumed, only brushed.
CLEANING YOUR FURNITURE
Due to the variety of fibres and fabric constructions used, The Lounge Co. recommends you use a specialist upholstery cleaning company for your sofa.
Covers should never be machine washed or dry-cleaned as this can damage the fire retardant treatment, fade colours and affect the finish of the fabric. Zips are fitted to assist the manufacturing process, and are not intended to make the cover removable for cleaning.
Velvet and Chenille Fabrics
Fabrics with a longer pile, such as velvet and chenille, may show pressure marks and shade variations to the fabric surface through normal use. This appearance is not a fault, but a characteristic of these types of fabric, and does not affect durability.
These fabrics are soft and inviting to the touch but will flatten in normal use. However, vacuuming and brushing the pile in the opposite direction will help to maintain their look. It may also be possible for a professional cleaner to restore the pile, but it will flatten again through use.
Family Friendly Fabrics
Aquaclean™ Technology is an invisible molecular layer that is built into our Family Friendly fabrics. Unlike protection that gets sprayed on after the sofa is made, the Aquaclean® treatment system covers every single fibre with an invisible molecular coating meaning that dirt is unable to penetrate the fabric’s fibres and will disappear when water is applied.
Find out more about our Family Friendly Fabrics and how to clean them here.
Timber or show wood areas of your furniture should be simply wiped with a soft duster. Periodically clean with a damp cloth rinsed in warm water and then buff with a soft duster to restore the shine. Do not use furniture polish or detergent. There may be some colour and grain variation, which is a natural characteristic of wood.
• Avoid exposing your sofa to strong sunlight for long periods of time, for example in a conservatory or a sunny bay window, as the colour may fade and the fabric or leather may deteriorate. Heat from radiators may also have the same effect so please allow for a bit of space between the two.
• Avoid dragging your upholstery, placing furniture gently in place when moving it to prevent damage, and protect wooden and delicate flooring from possible marking by feet. Make sure that your product sits on a level floor to avoid rocking or damage to the frame.
• Sitting on the edges of cushions or arms may cause distortion and permanent damage.
• Avoid cosmetic products such as sun cream or body lotion coming into contact with your upholstery and keep sharp objects, buckles and jewellery clear, as these could snag the fabric or leather. If snags occur, carefully tuck these back in – do not pull them under any circumstances.
• Do not allow pets to claw or climb on your furniture.
• Avoid sitting on your furniture with non-colourfast clothes or heavily soiled clothes as dyes and dirt can mark your furniture.
• For fabric sofas, regular cleaning with a brush or a light vacuum will help keep your furniture looking smart. If you spill something on your sofa, immediately blot with a clean, dry cloth. Do not rub it in or use abrasive cleaners as this may leave a permanent mark. If the stain won’t budge, seek professional help.
• For leather furniture, you can dust with a soft brush and wipe with a damp cloth. Do not rub the leather as this could damage the surface. We do not recommend any leather cleaning products as they may damage the leather.