An exciting, full time, opportunity has arisen at a rapidly expanding onmi-channel retailer The Lounge Co. – part of Sofa Brands International, the UK’s leading branded sofa group.
As Ecommerce Operations Manager, you will ensure excellent customer service levels are maintained, while taking responsibility for sales across the company, converting orders in into sales out.
You will lead our customer operations team to deliver best in class customer service to our end consumers and retail partner network, whilst managing and liaising daily with the manufacturer and distributor of our products to ensure optimal business performance.
An analytical thinker with a great eye for detail, the Ecommerce Operations Manager will have experience of managing a customer service team and feel at ease communicating with team members at all levels – and the occasional challenging customer!
Within this key and varied role, you will be responsible for:
Business Systems and Processes:
- Reviewing the entire business systems and processes from start to finish, highlighting areas for improvement
- Working with the Head of Website to develop and deliver integrated processes and system improvements
- Ensuring consistent conformance to operating procedures across all areas of the business
- Developing ecommerce operational metrics and KPI’s and reporting on / reviewing against these
- Addressing any real-time issues (e.g. delivery delays, returns increases) with the appropriate teams to action and ensure resolution
- Reviewing any issues in delivery and quality and, working with the relevant teams, develop procedures to prevent reoccurrences and manage compensation
- Maximising efficiencies in the supply chain, working with the Head of Trade on new fabric sources for example
- Ensuring that we are maximising efficiencies in production and eliminating any unnecessary costs.
- Delivering a premium and proactive customer service management with very high first contact resolution rates that delivers our customer satisfaction targets.
- Dealing promptly and professionally with customer email and telephone enquiries, ensuring that response times are measured by type (Call, Livechat, email) and that performance standards are achieved and maintained
- Guiding and advising potential customers with the aim of converting to purchase
- Assisting the Head of Retail to ensure our partners have adequate product and service training materials.
- Overseeing our review engine (Trust Pilot) ensuring any customer issues are dealt with promptly and effectively and ensure our reputation for service across all digital media including Facebook and Twitter is maintained.
- Analysing and optimising the customer journey and making recommendations for improvements to this.
- Managing the Customer Operations Team and liaising with the supply chain.
- Full responsibility for sales, overheads, and consequential
- Experience at managing customer service and providing excellent standards of service
- Experience of managing a manufacturing supply chain from order through to delivery
- Computer literacy
- Organised and process driven with good attention to detail
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the business
- Strong team player who is results focused
- A genuine interest in interiors and furniture
- A real interest in online trading
If you feel you have the passion, commitment, skills and experience to drive our business forward, then we would love to hear from you.
In return we offer an attractive salary and benefit package including 24 days annual leave plus public holidays, pension scheme, life assurance, permanent health insurance, company sick pay, staff purchase scheme, cycle to work scheme and employee assistance programme.Apply for the roleBack to the list of careers